How to get your CPP statement online:
It takes a bit of time on the internet and a week or so waiting for an access code in the mail, but you can get a statement of exactly how much pension you are eligible for, online.
- Go to www.servicecanada.gc.ca, select English
- Scroll down the page to the heading Seniors, and under that click on Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Retirement
- Scroll down to the heading Financial Information, and under that click on How do I get a statement of my contributions to the CPP?
- The next page has the heading Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions. 11 lines down you will see a heading first time users – click on the colour-highlighted Personal Access Code.
- The next page is titled Request a Personal Access Code. Read this page, and at the bottom click Continue.
- The next page is a Privacy Notice Statement – at the bottom of this page, click Continue.
- On the next page, provide the personal information requested in order to be assigned a Personal Access Code. This will be mailed to you in a week or so.
- When the code arrives, go back to www.servicecanada.gc.ca, select your language, and then under the heading Online Services and Forms (top right), select Access My Service Canada Account.
- On the next page, click on Register Now. Read the next page, which is titled Before You Log in to My Service Canada Account, and once again click on Register Now.
- A page will appear titled ePass Canada – Information for Supported Browsers. Click Continue at the bottom of this page.
- Follow the 4 steps to register, clicking Continue at the bottom of each page. Once you have registered, you will be able to immediately access and print your statement of CPP earnings online.